Tuesday 11 January 2011

More Texturing



I did the texturing for the bench in the scene in much the same way as the light switch. The bench was modelled by Maik. I automapped the UVs and the came out really squashed which just wasn't going to work:


Instead of matching and sowing the UVs, I stretched them out to roughly the proportion of the bench and applied the wood texture I found from cgtextures.com. It took me a while to organise the UVs because loads of parts were blended into each other which made things a bit hectic. What I did instead was selected all the UV points for the top, bottom and side of the bench and clicked cut UVs. Then I selected "shell" selection in the UV editor and moved all the now separate sections around to get them organised, which then led on to me scaling them to look more like parts of the bench in the UV editor. It sounds easy-ish in words but it got it wrong two or three times before I got it to work.


Again I created a PSD network and applied the wood texture in photoshop which looked like this:


The UVs working much better being stretched out and the bench actually looks pretty good! I only did one of the pieces of wood on the bench and then duplicated them so that the bench was once again complete. Then I clicked all the bench parts and combined them so that it was one object again and it was finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment