Wednesday 12 January 2011

With the playblasts I've produced I'm attempting to stay as close as I can to the storyboard, just so it reads in a familiar way when it comes to being edited. Below are all the shots I had to do by the 31st of december, which was a target we had set in order to give us a good amount of time to render and edit everything together. I'm pretty happy with the most of the shots I've produced, but too be honest there's not really a lot going on in them so I was never going to think that they were the best thing I'd ever produced. The walk towards the painting I am very disappointed with though, as I just didn't have enough time to polish it and fix some problems in the way I would have liked. I used an old walk cycle test to start the walk off then carried on a few more steps. But it's just really poppy and unnatural and I'm not very happy with it. But on the plus side it's only a short shot and as long as it conveys to the audience that the character is walking up to the painting without them having too much to focus on the mechanics of the walk then I think I'll get away with it. But it's just a lesson learnt for the future I suppose: if one of the shots I have to do is a walk, do it first!









Joe has also been working hard to get all his shots done, and they are coming along really really well, but we;re going to need more time. And it's in no way because of laziness on anyones part, but because Joe is doing the shot where the statue falls down which is one of the biggest in the film and so more time is needed to make sure it's completely perfect, so we've all agreed to extend the deadline to the 2nd of January. I'm going to help out by doing a couple of small shots towards the end of scene two so that Joe's got more time to focus on this shot. But it's all coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment